I have been soo addicted to chocolate lately, that I am filling a little guilty of eating so much of it. I can’t controle it and really don’t know what to do. It has been a long time since I had felt this chocolate thing. Because of that, I have been looking more healthy recipes to consume it.
The chia pudding is super easy to make and I can put cocoa instead of chocolate. That’s a great change, as I put less sugar to my body. Not to mention all the benefits that chia will bring you. Just to list some:
- The seeds contain fiber, protein, Omega-3s, calcium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus and other minerals and vitamins;
- It also has a high amount of antioxidants;
- Happy to say that it is low carb, as most of it is fiber;
- If you are wishing to lose weight, chia can be your good friend;
- It will also help you to control and improve your metabolic health, lowing risks of heart disease and type 2 diabetes;
- And even help you perform better during exercises.
There are many other more detailed benefits that this little seed can bring to your health. So with this said, I will share an easy recipe which is also healthy, and you can eat it before going to the gym, as a afternoon snack or even as breakfast.
If you are going chocolate crazy like me, I hope it can also help you control it, as it has helped me! It’s super easy and you will probably take less than 5 minutes to prepare it! Let’s get to the recipe!
Chocolate Chia Pudding
- Half cup of coconut milk (with no sugar)
- 2 tbs of chia seed
- 1 tbs of honey
- 1 tbs of cocoa
- Sliced banana
- Sliced strawberry
In a pot with lid, add the coconut milk, the chia seed, the honey and the cocoa. Mix it all and take it to the fridge to cool for at least 4 hours (I usually keep it over night) for the chia to make it’s job. The seed will make the mixture get thicker and become a pudding. When it’s ready, you can add the fruits as you like and enjoy!
After I have one of these, I won’t be able to eat for a few hours and I even forget my addiction, as the cocoa satisfies me. I found this a great solution for the moments I need chocolate and don’t really want to have sugar. Because, let’s be honest and confess: I do eat chocolate and it also makes me happy! =)
There are many other ways of doing it and I’ll share more recipes with you soon! So try this one at home first and let me know if you also like it at the comments!
I hope you do!